Monday 3 October 2011

A Poorly Boy

Let me just tell you a little about my morning so far…

I was awoken just after 6am by a very whiny boy telling me that he didn’t want to go to school as he had a poorly tummy. Me being the unsympathetic Mother that I am, replied with, ‘You are going to school Louis because I have to go to work.’ Then promptly snoozed my alarm and fell back to sleep.

Waking for the second time with a jump panicking because I shouldn’t have actually been sleeping again, I suddenly realize that Louis is downstairs screaming for me from the toilet. Jump out of bed and run downstairs,
‘Coming Louis!’
‘Mummy, I’ve been calling you for ages!’
‘Sorry, I didn’t hear you.’ Missed out the ‘because, I am an irresponsible parent who fell back to sleep!’

Needless to say, he does indeed have a poorly tummy and in-between 3 changes of pyjama bottoms and at least 5 trips to the toilet, I have managed to cancel all my clients… again! (He was off school two weeks ago with a very nasty cough and temperature).

It goes without saying that my child’s health is number one priority but when you are the only person bringing in a wage and with the ‘you don’t work you don’t get paid’ problem of self employment, I do feel that it does mean I am slightly devoid of the sympathy factor.

Oh and then just one more, tiny thing…. On our last trip to the toilet just a short while ago, Louis was bent over waiting for me to check he’d done a good job wiping, and innocently asks;

‘Mummy, how do you make a baby?’

I think today may be, in technical parenting terms, ‘challenging’ or in other words, ‘in need of wine at the end of it!’

And it’s only Monday…

No comments:

Post a Comment