Monday 10 October 2011

A Wonderful Weekend

Having clawed my way to Friday last week, I felt certain that I was almost at deaths door. The illness that I reported last Tuesday had worsened throughout the week, despite my best efforts to fight it, including various types of Echinacea and the highly raved about ‘hot toddy’, which by the way I would not recommend as the combination of whiskey, hot water, sugar and lemon can only be described as foul!

So I gave up. I cancelled all of my Friday and Saturday clients and prepared to batten down the hatches with Louis.

By 4pm on Friday we were both in our pyjamas with a fire roaring and suitable rubbish on the television.

Saturday was made up mostly of watching trashy tv from my bed, with me sneaking in the occasional snooze whilst Louis played Lego. For the evening we set up in the lounge, with pizzas and duvets, ready for a fix of Strictly. All the glitter and glitz did wonders for my recuperation, but I think I should particularly thank Russell Grant... well they do say laughter is the best form of medicine, and boy did he make me laugh! Second to Jason Donovan, who still holds  a special place in my heart from the days when he married Charlene and sang Especially For You, Russell is who I most look forward to seeing dance. His pure delight at being a part of Strictly should be bottled and sold, and his face as he twirled around, Flavia in arms, to Dancing Queen was the best sort of tonic for feeling very sorry for myself in my poorly state!

Feeling much better with remnants of the joys of Strictly and a dose of Glee hanging around me from the previous night , Sunday was another lazy day for the two of us. Still in our pyjamas, we spent a lovely day doing a spot of colouring with Louis commenting,
                ‘Mummy, you are so clever for doing it so neatly. You never go over the lines or anything.’
Praise indeed, me thinks, this may elevate me to super star status as colouring is Louis’ new favourite thing to do!

Although there is really nothing exciting to report about our weekend, it has to be said it was just wonderful. Despite being ill, it was great to just hang out with my boy, lazing around between cuddles and colouring... I’d gladly suffer some more sniffles and sneezes for some more happy days like those!

1 comment:

  1. Yucky. We've been there not too long ago and we didn't have a TV, due to chaotic move just before (TV went into long term storage by terrible mistake!!). Get better soon. And well done you for colouring neatly and nicely :)

    ReplyDelete